Tuesday, August 17, 2010








It's 3am they're all asleep, and no one's here to see
we rock slowly back and forth, my baby boy and me
his little head is feather light tucked up against my chin.
i hold his tiny hand in mine and smell his baby skin
the house about us creaks and groans, the clock hands creep around.
he snuggles closer to me still and makes his baby sounds.
i love these quiet hours so much and cherish every one.
store memories up inside my heart for lonely nights to come.
all too soon he'll grow up, his need for rocking gone
but until then i still have time for one more kiss and one more song
i know the day will soon come when his tiny little hand will be
much bigger than my own.
he'll grow up to be a man...
but until then he's mine to hold, with no one here to see
as we rock slowly back and forth,
my baby boy and me....

No comments: